Services > Charge Negotiations


Your legal representative can write to the Police or Director of public Prosecution (DPP) to ask them to consider withdrawing (dropping) or downgrading the charge. This is often referred as ‘representations’.

This process is often done in circumstances as the following:

  1. Where you think you have a good defence, or
  2. Police have little or no evidence to prove you committed the offence, or
  3. You agree to plead guilty to a less serious charge if the police/ DPP withdrawn the more serious charge, or
  4. You want to plead guilty but you disagree with the police facts sheet and you want to have it changed

If you have been charged with an offence and you want to negotiate with the police or the DPP for any of the above reasons, call our expert defence team on (02) 9152 8619 to arrange for a free first conference.

Related Articles